|About Web Console|
|Print this page
Web Console is a web-based application that allows remote users to execute UNIX/Windows shell commands on a server, upload/download files to/from server, edit text files directly on a server and much more. The application is represented as a web page that accepts user input such as a command, executes that command on a remote web server, and shows command output in a browser. As well, simple and functional file manager build-in into the application.
Web Console is open-source software written on Perl using AJAX technology. The application is very light, does not require any database, and can be uploaded, configured and ready to use in about 10 minutes (no need server administrator permissions for installation).
Illustration of simple Web Console implementation is show below:
Screenshot of Web Console is show below:
You can use Web Console to:
- Execute shell commands on the server.
- Administer and maintain your website or computer from anywhere using Internet.
- Upload/download files to/from server using web interface.
- Edit text files directly on the server through browser window.
- Execute backup and restore routines for files and databases.
- Setup server scheduled tasks.
- Easily debug your scripts.
- Check the web server environment variables.
- Change server file permissions, locations and directory structure.
- Very easy installation and configuration.
- No need server administrator permissions for installation.
- Can be installed on shared web hosting.
- Uses AJAX, so it works like a real shell terminal.
- Access to Web Console is protected by login/password authentication.
- File management, editing, uploading and downloading.
- Command line history support.
- Right-click copy/paste support.
- SSL support (you can secure all Web Console traffic using HTTPS protocol).